Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tuxedo even makes aging baby boomer look good

I picked up my tuxedo for Saturday's wedding in which my pal John is getting married to Stacy, and it looks pretty darned good on me. Well, that's my assessment, but it's hard to look bad in a tux, even if you're pushing 60.

I joked with John about wearing a lime green tux to stand out in the wedding party. He was having none of it and this tux is basic black. I like it. And the shirt is a very cool ivory color. I asked the clerk at the rental store if the shirt were a cream color. I think she rolled her eyes eyes, and then said "Ivory."

Every time I see someone in a tuxedo I'm reminded of the John Candy movie in which he plays a private detective. Candy's character goes under cover at a formal event, but the rental place doesn't have any black tuxedos left and he settles for lime green. As he slip into the event, a woman comes up to him and ask if he's part of the entertainment. So much for being inconspicuous.

This is the second wedding this month. My nephew got married on Sept. 5, and I wrote about it in an earlier post. We're heading for October, which is the big birthday month. We are exactly 33 days from birthday No. 60. I think I might wear a tux on my birthday.

3 comments:

  1. I'll bet you look like a penquin. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's something about a man in a tux...Could you post a picture?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a man in a tuxedo. Show us the photos, Opinionman.

    ReplyDelete