Friday, September 18, 2009

It's 30/60 time

We are exactly 30 days until I turn 60 so today has a bit of significance as a milestone. I've been alive 59 years, 11 months -- and yes, I'm counting. That's what this blog is all about: "Surviving Turning 60."

I am surviving well, by the way. Tonight we had the rehearsal for the wedding of John and Stacy. I'm standing up with him, and it's been a while since I was in a wedding. This is going to be fun.

The wedding is in the gorgeous backyard of a Northwest Fresno home, and the surroundings will help make this a wonderful occasion. Bob, who is also part of the wedding party, was very generous in offering his home.

The big event is at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, and then the party will begin. Right now I'm thinking about the toast I'll give, and want the words to be just right. I'll keep it simple, and make it from the heart.

That's my commitment for this wedding and for everything I do as I turn 60.

3 comments:

  1. How about that picture of you in your tux?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get it posted soon. . . My technical adviser is working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The tux picture has been posted in the item above: "One more wedding. . . "

    ReplyDelete