Sunday, October 25, 2009

Where do we go from here?

It's been a week since I reached the milestone that spurred this blog, and I have been wondering if it makes sense to continue posting material. After all, I survived turning 60, and that's the name of the blog. But a few of you wanted me to continue to keep you updated on my shot put progress. I will do that, and maybe offer other observances as I figure out what 60 is all about.

So to the shot put. The fall weather has cut into my training because it gets dark not too long after I get home and that's been when I have practiced in the back yard. But I have aimed the flood lights toward my backyard shot put pit, and I'll continue tossing that 12-pound ball and updating you on my progress.

We go back to regular time early Sunday morning so my training will definitely be in the dark except on weekends. If I get motivated, I might try tossing the shot in the morning before I get ready for work.

This evening, I worked out for about an hour, and could only hit about 24 feet. My best is 27 feet, 6 inches, so I'm not making progress. I attribute that to my lack of intense training on my just concluded birthday week. But I'm back and I'm locked into a training regimen.

I know I must get stronger and that will take weight training at the gym. My technique is getting better, but I'm still a long way from a picture perfect shot putter.

3 comments:

  1. You may not be a picture perfect shot putter, but I can tell from this blog, you are picture perfect as a human being. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Change the name of the blog to surviving 65 and we can talk about medicare. Will it be bankrupt? Will your value to society be worth the cost of treating your shoulder after your career as a senior shot putter? Lets keep the fun going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you going anywhere from here???

    ReplyDelete