Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Four days to liftoff

What can you do in four days? In my case, you can turn 60.

I'm still a bit stunned that this milestone has come so quickly. But on Sunday, I'll say so long to my 50s and move into a new demographic. I'm getting a lot of razzing from my friends (the younger ones) and some cheering from others (the older friends) as I approach 60.

During my self-examination through these blog postings over the past four months, I've committed to making several improvements in my life. So here's the 60s game plan:

-- Continue to get healthier by sticking to my diet, doing physical activities and, of course, using lots of sunscreen.

-- Try to find a reasonable balance between my work and my leisure time. The problem here is that I really like my work, and spend a lot of time at it. But I need to spend more time with friends and family.

-- Volunteer more to help where I can be of assistance. We all have gifts and they can be used to help others if we are willing. I will let my faith guide me on where I can be used best.

I'm sure I'll find many other things to improve upon, and I'll tackle them as I recall them. This blog could go on forever if I were to list all my faults. For now, though, I'm looking forward to the next four days and what my last moments of my 50s will bring.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! 60 is only a number. There's no need to take a number so seriously. Heck, I was 24 years old when you were born. You think you're old!

    ReplyDelete