Friday, October 16, 2009

Old Guys Rule

We're two days from 60 and I'm picking out my "Old Guys Rule" t-shirt, and scoping out the senior citizen discounts. Heck, I might even start going to restaurants early enough to get the Early Bird Special.

Actually, I don't feel much different than I did in my mid-50s -- at least I don't think I'm different. I suppose everyone says that as they reach a milestone age such as 60. But time marches on and you have to accept it.

If you think I'm old, consider that The Boss, Bruce Springsteen, turned 60 this year. So did actor Richard Gere, and singer Billy Joel. Now do they look that old? Well, Billy Joel does. Anyway, the other guys don't and I'm teaming with them on this 60s thing.

I'm having fun sharing this march to 60 on this blog and I can't believe that it's almost here. Today, I'm 59 years, 363 days old. But who's counting?

2 comments:

  1. Wow Opinionman, only two days to go? How are you spendng your last two days in your fifth decade?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you had a fantastic B-Day!!!!!

    ReplyDelete