Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Why can't I smoke my cholesterol medicine?

I believe that marijuana has medicinal qualities and should be legalized for that purpose. But what gets me is why the only way you can use medicinal marijuana is by smoking it. So smoking is bad for you -- except if you are smoking marijuana. That's a tough sell to medicinal marijuana skeptics.

This is what makes a lot of people think medicinal marijuana is a scam aimed more at allowing dopeheads to legally smoke pot than it is for its medicinal qualities. If marijuana is a medicine when used for that purpose, shouldn't you be able to get it in a pill or some other traditional medicinal delivery system? Simple question, but no one seems to have and answer.

So why can't I smoke my cholesterol or blood pressure medicine? Of course, I'll need papers to roll the blood pressure medicine and I'd have go outside to administer each dose since there's a no-smoking rule in the house.

I'd love to hear from medicinal marijuana advocates responding to my questions.

2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying this blog. I can SOOOO relate. Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Medicinal marijuana can not be used in pill form because the federal government does not allow scientists to research marijuana. If the medical community were allowed to research the plant (and most of our drugs do come from plants), then a pill form of marijuana could most likely be created. But until the federal government allows the scientific community to fully research marijuana, and its benefits and side effects, like they do for other drugs, then the only option for using marijuana medicinally will be to smoke it.

    ReplyDelete