Tuesday, July 21, 2009

How's your bucket list?

There's an interesting Web site that is polling Americans on "The 100 Greatest Places in the USA." It changes as people vote, and right now the top five places are: 1. Moody Gardens in Galveston, Texas (someone stuffed the ballot box on this one); 2. The Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C.; 3. The White House; 4. Ground Zero in New York City, and 5. The Alamo in San Antonio.

You can check out the list by clicking on this link: StoodThere.com.

I see it as a bucket list of sorts for those of us about to turn 60. I've been to 29 of the 100 places so I have quite a few places to go in the next few years. How many places on this list have you visited?

Here my list so far: Lincoln Memorial, White House, Times Square, Liberty Bell in Philly, Sears Tower in Chicago, Golden Gate Bridge, Hearst Castle, Pearl Harbor, Museum of Modern Art in New York, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Emerald Bay in Lake Tahoe, Alcatraz, Bourbon Street in New Orleans, Texas School Book Depository in Dallas, Grand Central Station in New York, Hollywood Sign, Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., Grand Ole Opry in Nashville, National Air and Space Museum in Washington, D.C., Beverly Hills City Hall, Death Valley, Gateway Arch in St. Louis, Wall Street, Las Vegas Strip, Carmel Mission in Carmel, General Sherman Tree in Sequoia National Park, Monterey Bay Aquarium, Space Needle in Seattle, Sea World in San Diego

2 comments:

  1. I also have been to 29 of the 100 greatest places in the USA. What a coincidence! Bodie's ghost town was the biggest suprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a bucket list too! So far it has 158 goals on it, I am working my way to 1000. My favorites are 'Milk a Cow', 'Ride a Zipline' and 'Make a Coloring Book'. You can see my list at www.mslistologist.com Good Luck!!

    ReplyDelete