Friday, June 12, 2009

Naps will make you alert -- and happy

In my experience, people who take regular naps seems a lot more alert and happier souls than those who don't. Now this is just my observance, but there also is some scientific evidence to back up my assertion.

And it seems that the busier you are, the more you should nap. We could all be more alert, and that would make us more productive. Napping is also very inexpensive, as opposed to going to the mall and buying a bunch of stuff.

Some people think if you nap a lot, you're lazy. No way. I should say right here that napping is defined (in my world) as an hour or so in the afternoon. If you're sleeping four hours in the midle of the day and not getting anything done, you're either lazy or have a health problem. If you are nodding off at work, figure out why and fix it.

But if you're taking a nap that fits into your work schedule, and feeling good about it, go for it.

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend naps. They are wonderful and do the body good!

    ReplyDelete