Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Is 60 the new 40?

Not really. In fact, 60 is the, well, new 60. You can't get away from it so you must manage this age sort of like the way you manage the garden. Weed often, but not so often that it makes you tired.

Good things will come with a little water, a little sun and some luck.

This is the first point in my life in which age actually has meant something, although I'm not quite sure what that is right now. I'll let you know through the posts on this blog as I develop answers. But it is a little startling that age has now become such a big deal in my life.

And it does give you perspective that you didn't have at 30 and 40 and 50. So that must be a good thing. Plus, you get senior discounts at restaurants. You can also see retirement on the horizon. Unfortunately, the economic bust has put that horizon a bit more into the distance.

So with my AARP card I venture forth into a world that has a lot of aging baby boomers trying to figure out the same questions I pose. Let me know if you have some usable answers.

3 comments:

  1. It will be interesting to follow your insights of aging on this blog. Us old folks can use all the insight we an get.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading. This blog will be fun. . . And believe me when I say this, seniors have a lot more insight on most things than young people. . . But I think we can all get along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'TS happening early Sept. I like the 60 new 40 its really how I feel and besides we have no control over this. When our creator wants to take us I'm coming home where I've meant to be.......good,good life to all there is no better life then in HIM with him

    ReplyDelete