Saturday, April 9, 2011

Watch out, I'm throwing the Black Star discus


I just bought a new discus that is an upgrade over the basic discus that I've been using in practice and meets. I don't know if better equipment will help me get better distance, but I couldn't pass up the Internet deal on the Black Star discus. The regular price was $75 and I got it for $25.

I'm holding the Black Star in the accompanying photo. I think it looks very cool -- way cooler than the green discus that I have been using. I'm anxious to throw the Black Star, and I will have many opportunities as the weather gets better and there's more daylight after work.

I'm looking to improve in both the discus and the shot put. I will have several senior division meets this summer. Those will be my opportunities to put up good marks. The first meet of the season a few weeks ago at Stanford was disappointing -- at least my performance was. I had a great time at the meet and met up with close friends who live in Moraga. But I thought I should have done better.

1 comment: